Thursday, November 09, 2006

Of thoughts and G4...

November 5. Sunday.

Woke up early since I had to go to the office to work overtime. Still couldn't take the betrayal I felt, so I told my mum the truth. We had a mother-daughter talk and it made me a whole lot better. Iba talaga pag galing sa mummy mo. One thing I admired the most about her was that no matter how hurt I was, she didn't speak ill about Ken. But she was thankful we didn't last. Somehow, she felt this would happen.

When Ken and I were still together, my mum was very supportive of our relationship. She would wait for me whenever I was having dinner with Ken; she would give me advance screening and premiere tickets for two so Ken and I could watch it; she would even give me GCs to restos and coffee shops so Ken and I could save a bit on our dates; she would even include Ken in all of her plans for me. Ken could even replace my older brother in our family. But a week before the breakup happened, my mum wanted to talk to me and ask me if I would want to reassess my relationship with Ken. Mother's instict, I suppose. She said she saw a lot of 'bad signs'. But she wasn't able to talk to me since I was always with my younger bro.

************
But her words really touched me. It made me strong. It made me realize a lot of things. it made me thankful that we didn't last long. But of course, I knew this would not end in a snap. Somehow, I still loved Ken. And we shared a lot of things - good and bad - together.

I went to the office and again, my cuss words easily enveloped the entire floor. No matter how much I think of our good days together, the picture of them magkaakbay in Gateway simply made everything useless and crappy. I couldn't believe how two of the people i TRUSTED the most could do this to me! to us! Guy Friend and me! I was starting to patronize Austin 3:16! My sentences wouldn't end without "putangina" in it. If you were to charge me for a peso per cuss word, you'd probably be richer than Bill Gates by now. They were so fuckin' fake! As in putanginang fake! They deserve to be shot. To be hung. To be eaten alive by crocodiles and lions and the great whites. Dammit!

I went to G4 after to get a haircut. I saw Maryo at Fix. Naturally, since my heart was full of hatred and angst, I said everything to Maryo. His reactions were the normal "tangina" and "u-lul" with his kinda-husky-but-not-so voice. Before he left, he told me he'd call me again so we could talk more. And then, he left. Some 2 minutes passed, my cellphone was ringing and I saw Maryo calling. Answered it and the moment after I said "hello?", he was whispering, "Mims, tangina... I saw Ken just now. May hinihintay sa movie house. Nag-hi lang ako". Ok, appreciate that he told me. Forgot it was a Sunday, his family day. And I couldn't care less. But I wanted to see him. Just to know how would I react in such situations. I might look at him, concentrate and wait til his body turns into dust or whatever.