Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thank You

Quoting Carrie Bradshaw, “No matter who broke your heart and how painful it is, you’ll never get over it without your friends”.

To God:
- for giving me this problem and the strength I need to get through it
- for sparing me from a much more painful experience
- for making me feel so blessed with amazing and wonderful family and friends who are very helpful and instrumental in my healing process

To my family:
- My mum, for being my ultimate source of support and strength
- My younger brother, for being just a text away if I need an instant movie date
- My cousins, for constantly hearing me out if I need to rant
- My aunts and uncles, for the empowering words
- My nephew, Juancho, for being sooo cute and making me forget all my problems with just one smile
- My cousins in NZ, for sending me emails just to let me know they care and that I’m loved
- My aunt in Australia for calling and letting me know everything’s gonna be alright

To my officemates and ex-officemates:
- for calling me up and offering to come with me if I want to go somewhere or do anything the moment she found out what happened
- for making me realize there’s always a story behind every story
- for emailing me and making me feel I had nothing to lose
- for telling me I still look happy despite what happened
- for giving me the best form of therapy – chocolates!
- my boss, for inspiring me to be ‘unfuckable’
- for inviting me to lunch to talk about what happened
- for making me realize there’s nothing to worry about, no what-could-have-beens, what-ifs because They cheated and that is just truly unforgivable

To my LS friends
- for taking the effort of trying to break the news to me
- for always giving me time to lash out and curse when we were off air
- for listening to me, understanding me and sharing me their insights
- for inviting me to different events to have fun
- for the funny and constructive bashing sessions

To my HS superfriends:
- for helping me face the truth and at the same time, not letting me feel so low
- for making sure I wasn’t blaming myself for what happened
- for meeting up with me whenever I text them
- for buying me comfort food – cheese-flavored fries
- for always checking up on me
- for sending me Godly and inspiring text quotes

To my blockmates:
- for keeping me grounded and making sure I wasn’t backsliding
- for sending me messages every morning to brighten up my day
- for sending me comforting messages and making sure I text them when I feel lonely
- for setting a dinner and having a great laugh
- for making me feel how much they love and care about me
- for making themselves available when I need them
- for calling me, asking how I was, inviting me to dinner and even telling me not to be sad because he wasn’t used to seeing me depressed J

To my org mates:
- for taking us out to dinner after knowing what happened
- for wanting to curse with me and making me feel he/she’s behind me
- for calling me up upon knowing the news and making sure I was doing ok
- for sending me messages of support even if I haven’t told them yet of what happened
- for praying for me and making sure he/she checks up on me every week
- for giving me several pieces of advice on how to easily get over him
- for always asking to meet up with me, no matter where or how late it is, when I have sudden ‘tangina’ moments
- for constantly sending me funny quotes just to make me smile or laugh
- for letting me disturb him/her in YM even if he/she was kinda busy
- for telling me to savor the pain and cry until my tear ducts have gone dry
- for constantly sending me text messages of encouragement from Oprah and making me realize that things are just about to get better
- for suggesting songs with messages of standing up after you stumble; becoming a better person; being better off without him
- for accompanying me during a prod while waiting for our food
- for dropping by the hotel we were staying in despite the distance from where they came from
- for, without any questions, hugging me the moment she saw me at Friday’s
- for making me realize that this breakup will only bring better things to me along the way
- for telling me they’re not worth minding and that I should be thankful for what happened
- for telling me I have a healthy personality and I rock
- for believing that I am strong and I can go through this
- for making me feel they’re just here

To my Buddy:
- for trusting me
- for letting me text you when I’m having ‘moments’
- for sending me funny messages and pickup lines
- for letting me call you when I was stalked by this “Jay” guy
- for letting me help you get over this

Lastly,
To the Both of You:
- for making me realize who my real and true friends are and what I’ve been missing
- for making me realize how it feels like to be so used, cheated on, and betrayed so that I could control myself from doing it to other people in the future
- for inspiring me to become a better person. If not, the best.
- for making me realize I am so much better than the both of you which made me appreciate and love myself even more.